Achievements intermitently unlocking...

boothdom
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Achievements intermitently unlocking...

Beitragvon boothdom » Do 24. Mär 2016, 23:55

Hi,

I bought the game in the Microsoft Spring Game Sale, installed last night and played the first seven levels, collecting all coins. All the achievements unlocked as expected. I logged back in to the game this evening loaded up the save game and completed it. None of the achievements from todays play have unlocked. I made sure I was signed in and logged out and back in to make sure.

The save file shows 30 coins collected and all the tiles in the coin screen are unlocked, but the achievements for 25 and 30 coins are still greyed out. Likewise, the achievements for VIII, IX and X are still all locked even though the levels are showing as complete. Finally, Blubb, Parapara! and Kokakoka are still locked even though I'm certain I fulfilled the requirements for them.

If it helps I'm playing on a Win10 machine. I've launched it through the standalone app, the xbox app and the xbox beta app and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dom

MoneyShot360

Re: Achievements intermitently unlocking...

Beitragvon MoneyShot360 » Di 29. Mär 2016, 04:58

I am having the same issue. I have beaten the whole game, and all achievements worked except "Sniarb" which obviously was done as it is needed to beat the level and the game.

dasnake

Beitragvon dasnake » Di 29. Mär 2016, 20:56

I bought this yesterday and have been unable to unlock any of the achievements i have met the requirements multiple time but none of the achievements will pop.

Complete waste of time and money wont be purchasing any more in the future :cry:

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Mi 30. Mär 2016, 18:32

Hello,

I'm sorry, but: "Complete waste of time and money", because Achievements will not unlock? So you can play and enjoy the game to its fullest, but because you're not getting the achievements, the entire game is rubbish?

I feel unable to follow this logic.

Regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

dasnake

Beitragvon dasnake » Mi 30. Mär 2016, 19:33

As I fail to understand your logic that you think it is acceptable for a game to have broken achievements and offer absolutely no reason or remedy to any of the other posts except mine.

A lot of people are buying it for the easy gamerscore not because it looked so much "fun" !!

Yuna Leonhart
Forscher(in) der Feenwelt

Beitragvon Yuna Leonhart » Mi 30. Mär 2016, 21:40

Okay, I may not have have played Fire (yet) nor am I a Vulcan but I fail to see the logic on how a game can be a disappointment just because achievements won't unlock. If what you said is true, and a lot of people are buying games just for an easy gamescore, then they have lost sight of what's really important - the fun in playing. Sure, it might be bothersome that achievements won't unlock but there are worse things. It could be so buggy that it's unplayable.
And personally, I play for the story, the world and the characters and I only consider a game as disappontment if I cannot enjoy any of these three things. If I would judge a game only by its ability to unlock achievements, I would have missed out on a few great games; it seems that at least one achievement in Edna & Harvey: The Breakout cannot be unlocked in the Special Edition (retail version).It bothered me a bit but in the end, I didn't care about it too much. Things like the story or the characters were more important to me.

Video games exist to have fun alone or with friends and to escape reality. It doesn't matter if it's some kind of car racer, if you try to escape and save a trash planet or if you kick a maniac clown's behind, in the end you want to turn off the game with a smile on your face or a tear in your eye because you liked it so much.

And, older games don't have achievements to unlock. Are they a waste of time and money too?
Anbeter des blauen Hasen an die Macht!

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Do 31. Mär 2016, 18:54

Hello,

I will not comment on the issue further after this post, so...
We are aware that the achievements aren't working for some people and we are sorry for that.
But our resources for bugfixing are rather limited and are very much focused on exactly this: fixing bugs, especially gamebreaking ones. So if the majority of our players can play our games from Beginning to End, we have achieved our goal. Fixing Steam Achievements is on that list for bugfixing, but it's pretty far down the line as we do not consider these "gamebreaking" (they don't prevent you from enjoying our games).

A lot of people are buying it for the easy gamerscore not because it looked so much "fun" !!

And... I'm lost. Sorry - I can't even get the idea of someone buying a game for some achievements rather than for fun into my head, because fun is what games are all about.

Best regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

MoneyShot360

Beitragvon MoneyShot360 » Fr 1. Apr 2016, 18:02

I appreciate your response and honesty, and I know you say you won't respond to this anymore, but your response is also disheartening to know that a developer or company doesn't understand their customer base. There are a large number websites out there that are specifically aimed at tracking achievements, trophy or gamerscore. To those gamers, that is their "enjoyment". There is more to gaming then just completing a game from start to end. What is the point of putting the coins in the game then if it doesn't affect the game from being completed from start to end? They don't add anything to the actual story or game completion, but instead add an extra collectible and puzzle for those that like that. How is that different from achievements which are given for different collectibles and puzzles? What about a soundtrack? Why not just make a game with no sound because that afterall doesn't affect the game from being completed from start to finish? Whether or not if that matches your definition of fun is irrelevant because you need to understand why gamers play the game, not what your personal reason is for playing games. There are many features in games that do not add/subtract to the completion of a game from start to end, but they are still important to different gamers for different reasons none the less.

Achievements may only be a bell and whistle feature to you, but for some, it is the reason they purchase a game. You have advertised a game with achievements, which puts your game on another platform to increase sales as well. Without this "Xbox Live" tag, your sales would not be as high because this puts your product out there to a different market that wouldn't buy your game had it not been for that. You game received a lot more publicity because of its cross platform play between Win and Xbox. Gamers like myself would have never even know about this game had it not been for the xbox tag and it showing up on these achievement tracking website and I'm not alone. There are 400+ gamers on one site alone that purchased this game and also track achievements. Had it not been for the achievements, it is very likely none of those 400 would have purchased this game as this site is focused on achievement tracking. 400 maybe a small amount to you, but this is just one of many sites. And now you have an incomplete game and there is a lack of understanding why some are upset.

If I were to sell you a car, which I just put on sale mind you, and advertise that it has seat heaters and a back up camera and once you drive it off the lot you find out those extra features don't work. You contact me, and my response is "I'm sorry. We are aware our advertised features don't work, but we have a limited tech crew and we have issues with our other cars that are more important then your extra features. As long as you can drive your car, fixing your features is way down on our list of things to fix because it doesn't prevent you from driving the car". How would you feel about that response? Would you want your money back or a fix or sit patiently until a fix makes it way up the list of issues? There was no warning that this car was broken when you bought it, just like your game came with no warning either.

I understand you have limited resources, but your selling an incomplete product, to which you know is incomplete, and you don't understand the impact of such broken features to a part of your customer base. Your company isn't likely going to advertise these issues either, because it could hurt sales. However, since you are unaware of the customer base that tracks achievements as their definition of fun, you do not realize that this news of broken achievements is already being spread throughout these sites and will prevent some from purchasing your product. Now this is likely a very small % of your customer base, but you should be aware that this will prevent some additional sales until it is fixed. I just thought you should know this because if you don't understand the pull of achievements, you wouldn't be able to properly prioritize this issue as its more then just a broken extra feature.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Fire-Un ... ements.htm
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/fi ... /overview/
https://www.exophase.com/game/fire-ungh ... aderboard/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X ... Windows_10
Zuletzt geändert von MoneyShot360 am Fr 1. Apr 2016, 18:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Fr 1. Apr 2016, 18:40

... and here's me breaking the "I won't comment anymore", but: Your example is very wrong. You're saying our car is missing the advertised seat heaters (e.g.), but it's much more like the car missing the advertised extra seat covers... And then, only some cars are actually missing them.

This is another point: It is not like the achievements simply don't work, period. They do work - they also work when we QA the game and they work for most of our customers. Which is not my way of saying "You are screwed", mind you. As I said we really are sorry that the achievements are not working for some of you. But as said real gamebreaking bugs are very much at a higher point of priority for us.

It saddens us that this makes you feel left out, but our games are about the story, the game mechanics - just like old-school adventures. Achievements are more like the decoration on the icing of the cake - it doesn't change the cake's taste.

Regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Fr 15. Apr 2016, 14:25

Hello,

in the meantime, I have gotten information on this issue that sheds an entirely different light on the whole situation.
We are currently working on fixing this issue, as it is a very different one than I initially thought it was. We could not fix it as of now, but are working closely together with Microsoft in order to get it working.
In the meantime, you might try the following workaround: http://forum.xbox.com./xbox_support/xbo ... 58241.aspx

It is very important that you take the survey in section 3, as it will help us get the neccessary information to fix this issue.

I want to apologize, if what I said previously was considered rude, as that was of course not intended- I merely wanted to respond honestly and, perhaps a bit too directly.

Kind regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Zurück zu „Technische Unterstützung / Technical Support“