Game freezes in middle of Chapter 8

Jennifer626
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Game freezes in middle of Chapter 8

Beitragvon Jennifer626 » So 14. Feb 2016, 05:37

I have been playing ANB on my iPad Air . <Spoiler for those who have not reached the power plant in Chapter 8> When Sal tells Svensson that Fay has been lying to him and that "Sal" is the accident, the game literally freezes on Svensson's shocked expression and will go no further. I have reloaded from several custom save points, I used the auto save, and it is the same result every time. Because it is just scripted dialogue immediately before the freezeI don't think there is anything I can select or do differently to get past the scene. I would really like to finish the game, especially when I am so close.

Also, there is a bug in an earlier Chapter 8 scene where Fay must place the wedge in the French door in Indez's office and recover the algae. I worked around it by having her visit the roof three times: the first time she opens the French door, but the game forces her to keep the wedge in inventory. So, I put branches in the air system, went down the ladder, cut the phone line, adjusted the temperature, then went back for another go. The second time the game lets me put the wedge in the door where it belongs. I then re-do the branches, etc., although I never need to cut the phone line again after the first time. On my 3rd visit, I am finally able to open the French door, enter the room, and take the algae.

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Re: Game freezes in middle of Chapter 8

Beitragvon Galdring » Mo 15. Feb 2016, 20:29

Hello,

I am afraid that the problem might occur because your MB Air does not have a dedicated graphics card. A New Beginning is an old game and does not work too well with Shared Memory (the kind used by the Intel graphics chips), so this might be the cause.

Are your graphics card drivers up to date? Is your game up to date? Both of these might help to resolve the issue...

Kind regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

Bakhtosh
Tüftler(in) des Schwimmenden Schwarzmarkts

Beitragvon Bakhtosh » Sa 20. Feb 2016, 09:13

But Jennifer626 talks about an iPad Air which is the small iOS Tablet. And you're talking about a MacBook Air which is an OS X notebook. So you're talking about two totally different versions of the game "A new Beginning" (iOS vs. OS X). With an iOS device you have no control about the installed drivers. The only thing you can do is to check if the most current iOS version and the latest game update is installed.

Jennifer626

Beitragvon Jennifer626 » Sa 20. Feb 2016, 10:45

Thanks @Bakhtosh, you are right. I have an iPad Air 2 and I have the only version of ANB that Daedalic has published to the AppStore so far. It was just made available in December 2015. The comments of AppStore users are pretty consistent that the game seems to have been released too early to this platform, as there are bugs throughout.

On the plus side, after rage-playing the Chapter 8 scene several more times, it suddenly worked and I was able to complete the game.

This really is a decent adventure game, and I'd advise that Daedelic test and release an updated version ASAP. Munin and Edna & Harvey (Breakout) are two of my favorite games on the iPad and I'd like to see Daedelic continue to succeed. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Mi 24. Feb 2016, 21:50

Hello,

sorry, that was my bad, I misread that in your original posting.
We will look into the problems with ANB on iOS in the future to solve them.

Regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

Jennifer626

Beitragvon Jennifer626 » Do 25. Feb 2016, 01:33

Galdring hat geschrieben:Hello,

sorry, that was my bad, I misread that in your original posting.
We will look into the problems with ANB on iOS in the future to solve them.

Regards,
Galdring

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your time and assistance.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Jennifer

Zurück zu „Technische Unterstützung / Technical support“