Patches or savegames available for UK version?

pncFreak
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Patches or savegames available for UK version?

Beitragvon pncFreak » Mi 28. Aug 2013, 15:09

Hello, I have played this adventure game, successfully, played this game up til Bent is imprisoned and breaks out of the toilet.
Now it crashes stupendously!

I have the UK retail release (DVD) the one that also includes a Soundtrack disc and aDouble-sided poster.

I play it on my Surface Pro 128.

As I have stated earlier, the game has been playable up til Bent lures Fay to the Cockpit, using the intercom etc.

When Bent comes out from hiding (hearing Fay argue with the pilot), he is detected and the game fails stupendously, it Just crashes. I have tried playing from an earlier savegame to no avail.

Is there any chance of aquiring:

- an english patch download?

or

- savegame replacements?
(the savegames I have seems corrupted)

Best regards,
pncFreak

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Re: Patches or savegames available for UK version?

Beitragvon Galdring » Mi 28. Aug 2013, 17:32

Hello,

I'm sorry to tell you that the graphics chip in your Surface Tablet just isn't up to the task: A New Beginning requires 256MB of memory (not Shared Memory) to work properly, so the error you encounter is most certainly related to this. As this is a problem of not fulfilling the Hardware Requirements, we can only give you very limited support.

Regarding a Savegame you could send an E-Mail to support@daedalic.de, where the nice folks there might be able to supply you with one. I don't know about a Patch for the English Retail, though. All I could find was the German one. What is the version displayed in your game? If it's 1.2 you're already fine (I think the English Retail already came patched).

Kind Regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

pncFreak
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Beitragvon pncFreak » Mi 28. Aug 2013, 23:05

I really can't understand why you answer that this is a graphics card problem when the issue is corrupted savegames?
Oh well, I will have to post a plea at support then, and rely on their goodwill.

All the best,
pncFreak

Screeny
Ehrenmitglied

Beitragvon Screeny » Do 29. Aug 2013, 07:29

pncFreak hat geschrieben:I really can't understand why you answer that this is a graphics card problem when the issue is corrupted savegames?
Oh well, I will have to post a plea at support then, and rely on their goodwill.

All the best,
pncFreak

Hi,
Galdring refered to the graphic card because this often cause problems. In most cases the game worked a few minutes very well and then it crashed. After the first crash the game isn't playable anymore. (Yea, seams to be a savegame prob, but in fact it's a graphic prob ...) He didn't want to confuse you ;)

Best regards
Screeny :ugeek:

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Do 29. Aug 2013, 09:08

Thank you for the clarification Screeny, I didn't put that quite right. But as I said: The nice folks at support@daedalic.de can hopefully supply you with a non-corrupted Savegame, but it might not work, as the problem is - as pointed out - graphics card-related.

Regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

Zurück zu „Technische Unterstützung / Technical support“