[SPOILERS] Fantastic game,some questions regarding the story

Speakerpankratz
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

[SPOILERS] Fantastic game,some questions regarding the story

Beitragvon Speakerpankratz » Mo 18. Jun 2012, 15:29

Hello,
I've imported the UK version of the game a while ago, put off playing it until only recently... Now I wish I hadn't. What a great adventure, it immersed me from start to finish, the characters were likable, the puzzles excellently implemented and logical, the story kept me wondering "what will happen next?" all the time. Thank you for creating this game!

Ah, the story. Well, the ending was soo... depressing, I really felt sorry for Fay.
There a few question which I'd be delighted if someone could answer.

Is the moral of the story: "you can't alter the future"?
Because if I understand the story correctly, nothing really changes, Bent's research won't be successful anyway and the climate changes are bound to happen - in one of the Chapters taking place on Atlas 11, Fay gets contacted by Sadi from the future, who claims that Bent's algea research will have been abandoned, because the algea aren't capable of provinding a sufficient amount of energy. Which means Fay's sacrifice was in vain, she believed that Bent's project had potential (so did Nigel) even though she lied to him about "the Svensson". So basically, the timeline has not been changed, Fay came from the future to the past in which she herself prevented the power plant catastrophe from happening, to alter the past, the power plant had to be destroyed. That would also explain the arrival of another time machine after the credits.
Am I correct or am I overanalyzing the plot? :)

Io
Bewahrer(in) von Kissen und Wischmop

Re: [SPOILERS] Fantastic game,some questions regarding the s

Beitragvon Io » Mo 18. Jun 2012, 17:24

Hey there,

thanks for the kind words! I hope you enjoyed playing ANB as we enjoyed creating it :).

Though this might disappoint you, I think there is no simple right answer to what the story really is about in sense of moral. It is up to anyone by her- / himself to interpret the real meaning of the story and the ending especially - and it will be the best when it remains this way, don't you think?

Cheers,
Io
Bild

Speakerpankratz
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

Beitragvon Speakerpankratz » Di 19. Jun 2012, 11:52

Io hat geschrieben:Hey there,

thanks for the kind words! I hope you enjoyed playing ANB as we enjoyed creating it :).

Though this might disappoint you, I think there is no simple right answer to what the story really is about in sense of moral. It is up to anyone by her- / himself to interpret the real meaning of the story and the ending especially - and it will be the best when it remains this way, don't you think?

Cheers,
Io

Thank you for responding, yes, I guess it really is for the best that one can interpret the story in different ways. :)

With that said, could you please tell me if I'm right about Bent's research? It will fail after all (according to Sadi), won't it? Or was that transmission just a result of a timeline dynamically adjusting to the course of events unfolding in the game?
Those time travel scenarios, they always leave so many questions. :D

Io
Bewahrer(in) von Kissen und Wischmop

Beitragvon Io » Di 19. Jun 2012, 13:05

Who knows? I think the one think to learn from the story is, if you wan't to make a change, do it now. There is no time travel back later to fix it.
Bild

tysonlee
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Beitragvon tysonlee » Di 23. Okt 2012, 11:31

ich würde gerne wissen ob es von diesem großartigen Adventure A new Beginning einen zweiten Teil geben wird ??
tyson

Al Dhi
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Al Dhi » Di 23. Okt 2012, 22:44

@tysonlee:

Möglich ist das, es wurde auch schon mal unsererseits auf Facebook angefragt, ob daran ein Interesse bestünde und die Reaktion darauf war erstaunlich positiv. Aber in nächster Zeit stehen andere Projekte an, die schon tief in der Entwicklungsphase stecken, wie Im Bann des Zaroff und 1954: Alcatraz.
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Kara Healy
Pilot(in) der Zeit

Beitragvon Kara Healy » Fr 26. Okt 2012, 08:16

Aus meiner Sicht ist ANB auch eines eurer besten Adventure, gerne mehr davon, auch wenn ich mir eine Fortsetzung noch nicht ganz vorstellen kann :)

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“