Another Mine Bike bug

kellynkinsley
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Another Mine Bike bug

Beitragvon kellynkinsley » Fr 21. Dez 2012, 22:36

Hello,
I recently purchased Deponia for my brand new iMac and have gotten about halfway through the game and it freezes at the same point in the game everytime I try to play it.

I am currently at the point in the game where I have Goal on the back of my mine bike and I'm below the Control Center, ready to proceed to the viaduct, however, whenever I click forward to go to the viaduct, the mine bike zooms off the screen and the game freezes. It freezes my entire computer! I am unable to use my mouse or any keys to exit the game and have to restart my computer. I have tried lowering the resolution of the game, playing the game in windowed mode and I had also tried exploring other areas of the game to see if I can get around the glitch, however, whenever I try to get the mine bike to move along it freezes again. I have also followed all of Daedalic's tips on updating my computer/drivers, and I can't find any patches for a Mac. I can't seem to find anything in the forums or anything anywhere on the internet about a glitch pertaining to this particular instance.

At this point, I'm wondering if I shouldn't start a new game and hope that the issue is resolved in a new game, however, I'd hate to waste 3 hours of my time trying to get to the same point only to have the game freeze on me again.

Has anyone run into any sort of issues like this?

Thanks!!

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Re: Another Mine Bike bug

Beitragvon Galdring » Sa 22. Dez 2012, 13:41

Hello,

I don't think this bug is known to us yet. Could you tell us specifically which version of Deponia you are using and also, what Mac you are playing on? For the latter bit, the information from your Mac Profiler Log would be a great help. You can find out how to get that by checking this thread.

What you could try in the meantime is simply skipping the minigame (by clicking the litte red X in the upper right corner of your screen). If that still doesn't work, we can at least supply you with a savegame after the minebike-scene if you send us an E-Mail with your problem to support@daedalic.de.

Best regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

kellynkinsley
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon kellynkinsley » Sa 22. Dez 2012, 17:31

Hi Galdring,
Thank you for the response! I'm not sure where I find the information as to what version I purchased, but here is the link to where I purchased the game from:

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/2459/Deponia/

I'm playing on the brand new iMac that was just released less than a month ago. It's running on the Lion operating system.

Unfortunately, I'm not stuck in a minigame, so there isn't a way for me to skip past this scene, I'm simply trying to move along the track to the viaduct to turn the mine cart around. I've read about the glitch with the mine bike mini game, which I'm assuming is the next scene in my quest once I get the mine bike turned around.

I've attempted to attach the system profiler report to this post, however, I'm getting a message telling me "the extension spx is not allowed". I'll e-mail the report to support.

Thanks again for all of your help!

-Kelly

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Sa 22. Dez 2012, 18:26

Okay, I didn't even know this particular source for Deponia ;) But it should be the same version as on GOG, I think.

You're stuck with turning the minebike? Sorry, I got you wrong there and thought you had a problem with the minigame. Nevertheless, our Support team will surely be able to send you a savegame file that's past this scene so you can play along normally. Plus, I'll link this to the other known Mac issues for Deponia, so it will hopefully get fixed in a future update.

Have fun playing the game and I hope you won't run into another bug on the way :)
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

kellynkinsley
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon kellynkinsley » So 6. Jan 2013, 21:26

Hi Daldring,
Is Daedalic on holiday right now? I sent my request in to the support e-mail address on the 22nd of December and haven't received a response back.

Thanks!

Mr. Malone
Forscher(in) der Feenwelt

Beitragvon Mr. Malone » Mo 7. Jan 2013, 19:21

Hey Kellykinsley,

yes Daedalic was "on holiday" ;)
And you can imagine that during the holiday season we got a lot of support-mails. Since we have real people looking through these mails and answering anything personally it takes its time. I know it's not the right time to say that because you already waited for so long but please be a little patient.
I'm pretty sure you will get an answer very soon now

I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Mr. Malone
Bild

kellynkinsley
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon kellynkinsley » Mo 7. Jan 2013, 22:17

Thank you for the quick response, Mr. Malone!

I don't mind waiting longer, I just want to make sure my request didn't get misplaced :D

Mr. Malone

Beitragvon Mr. Malone » Di 8. Jan 2013, 10:55

Well thank you for your patiencs (:
(You can write a pm if you want me to look out for your mail, I'd need your mailadress than)
Bild

kellynkinsley
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon kellynkinsley » Fr 1. Feb 2013, 23:06

Hello Galdring and Mr. Malone,
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the support you have both provided me with, I feel that the two of you were very helpful and provided great assistance when your support team would not.

I would like to take a moment to say that Daedalic's support has been one of the worst support experiences I have ever had, if not the worst. It is now February 1st, I originally contacted your support team on December 22nd requesting assistance and a Save Game File so I could continue to play Deponia, since I have already purchased the 2nd game as well. I have received no resolution, it takes at least 2 days to get a response back to my e-mails, and I still have not received a Save Game File. I can't understand why it should be so difficult for Daedalic to simply send a troubled customer a game file, but instead, they have chosen to ignore me when I most recently e-mailed them on January 17th. I find this unacceptable, and I think it is a poor way to run a company. All I have asked for is to please send me a file that will get me past the bug in the game so I can continue to play the other games I have purchased and paid you for, and your support team has completely failed at providing me ANY support. I don't appreciate being ignored after I have given you my money. Please see the e-mail chain below:

Am 20.12.2012 21:48, schrieb Kelly Kinsley:
Ihr Name: Kelly
Ihre Email: xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Betreff: ?
Ihre Nachricht: Hello,
I recently purchased Deponia for my brand new iMac and have gotten about halfway through the game and it freezes at the same point in the game everytime I try to play it.

I am currently at the point in the game where I have Goal on the back of my mine bike and am currently below the Control Center, ready to proceed to the viaduct, however, whenever I click forward to go to the viaduct, the mine bike zooms off the screen and the game freezes. It freezes my entire computer, I am unable to use my mouse or any keys to exit the game and have to restart my computer. I have tried lowering the resolution of the game, playing the game in windowed mode and I had also tried exploring other areas of the game to see if I can get around the glitch, however, whenever I try to get the mine bike to move along it freezes again. I can't seem to find anything in the forums or anything anywhere on the internet about a glitch pertaining to this particular instance. Is there a patch I need to download to fix this? I can't move forward in the game and I find it very frustrating that I spent $20 on it and I can't enjoy the game.

I purchased the game through Mac Game Store, and I notified them of this issue, however, they have all but ignored my request for support, the only help they have provided me with is giving me a credit for their website.

Any assistance you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated, I have been trying to play this game for a month!

Thank you,

Kelly

To: Kelly<xxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: Supportanfrage von Kelly

Dear Kelly,
Please take a look at the the following article in our forum: Daedalic Forum
Then please follow the steps 1 to 6. If your problem is still not solved feel free to contact us again following the information from "When contacting us"
and "if you want to report a crash". That way we can get more detailed information about your computer and may be able to help you.
With the messages.log and mac profiler i can forward this directly to our deponia mac developers and we may be able to figure out the error :)

Yours sincerely and Happy Holidays
The Daedalic Support-Team

Am 21.12.2012 22:26, schrieb Kelly Kinsley:
Hello,
Thank you for the quick response. I have downloaded any updates to my computer, which meets the system requirements of needing the Lion operating system to run the game. I searched the forums on your website for similar issues, however, all I have been able to find in regards to the game freezing at the mine bike area is when it freezes during a mini-game, which you can then skip, which is not where my game freezes. I don't see any Deponia patches for a Mac on your website. I don't have any third party software running on my computer at all, my computer is only a month old and I haven't uploaded any software on it. Finally, I have already deleted and reinstalled the game and it still freezes at the same point.

At this point, I'm wondering if I shouldn't start a new game and hope for the best, however, I'd hate to spend another 3 hours getting to the point I'm at in the game only to have it potentially freeze again.

I will also be posting this issue in your forums to see if anyone there can provide me with some assistance.

Thank you,
Kelly

To: Kelly <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 1:26 AM

Dear Kelly,
We are not aware of this bug yet and im not sure what causes it.
To figure out the problem i will need your mac profiler log and messages.log so i can forward this directly to a deponia developer.
So please take another look at the following: Link

Yours sincerely,
The Daedalic Support Team

Am 11.01.2013 23:13, schrieb Kelly:
Thank you for your response, please see the forum exchange I have included below, as well as my system profiler log. This information has previously been e-mailed to you on December 22nd.

Thank you,
Kelly

On Jan 17, 2013, at 4:27 AM, Support <support@daedalic.de> wrote:

Dear Kelly,
I have discussed this matter directly with one of the developers from deponia.
We really need a messages.log with config.ini set on info after reproducing the error like described in our forum(Link) to be sure about it.
It could be a problem with missing or damaged game data. At this point a video is supposed to show up that may be corrupt.

yours sincerely,
the daedalic support team

To: "support@daedalic.de" <support@daedalic.de>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:34 AM

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea how to get a messages log on my computer. I read the link you provided and the steps listed to get a messages log do not correspond with anything I see on my computer. I do not have a library folder on my computer, I searched the Internet to see how I can get a messages log, and I can't find anything detailing how I can provide this to you.

At this point, I am very angry and frustrated with the support I have received from Daedalic; it takes me days to hear back from anyone on your support staff, I contacted you guys a month ago and still have not received a resolution or a save game file. I just want to play this game!! I bought the second game also, and can't play it until I beat the first. I am a very unsatisfied customer right now, I just want a save game file so I can enjoy this gaming experience. I don't know why your game is freezing my computer at this one point in the game, and I'm sorry you can't figure it out either. I've provided you with as much as I can, but this is becoming a huge hassle and headache and its ruined the gaming experience for me.

Just send me a save game file please so I can continue to enjoy the games I've purchased, this has been horrible customer service and I'm tired of waiting for over a month to finish this game. I'm sick of waiting days to hear back from you guys.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm hoping you can understand why I am angry and why I find this unacceptable. I have paid you my money, I have waited more than a month for a Save Game File, and now I am being ignored. The directions on your website providing instructions to send a messages.log do not correspond with anything on my computer. I have done research to see how I can find a messages.log on my computer, and I can't find anything on the internet on it. I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Is there anything that anyone can do to assist me??? I just want to finish this game and move on to the second one!

Thank you again, I do appreciate the help that the two of you have provided me with, but your support team needs to be a little more supportive. I'm ready to pull my hair out because I'm so angry and frustrated with this customer service experience.

Thank you,
Kelly

Mr. Malone

Beitragvon Mr. Malone » So 3. Feb 2013, 14:15

Hey Kelly,

I'm sorry that you are running into so much troubles with our support and I want to apologize for that. I can understand your frustration andI hope we still have a chance to give you at least a satisfying experience in your game.
I will do my best to get a solition for your concern as soon as possible (and by soon I mean within the next three businessdays). This is a promise!

Mr. Malone
Bild

Zurück zu „Technische Unterstützung / Technical support“