Some feedback on Linux version

tt007
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Some feedback on Linux version

Beitragvon tt007 » Mo 20. Feb 2017, 17:39

Hi,
Have just finished Deponia - The Complete Journey on Linux and would like to add some feedback for it:

I was playing v. 3.2.4.0142, Engine Version: 4.0.1 (Build 1174 from Build date: Sep 26 2014) with Russian subtitles.
My system is Kubuntu 16.10 64bit, kernel 4.8.0-38-generic, NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M with nvidia binary driver 367.57
First of all there is a problem with minigames descriptions in Russian. For 1st part of game incorrect translation is displayed. I mean the minigame rules from some other minigame is displayed. It was quite frustrating. I workarounded this by switching back to English subtitles for a while.

During 2nd part of game I still had a problem with minigame descriptions. But now they were just displayed as question marks. So it's a missing Cyrillic font problem. And I don't know if translation is correct or not. I was trying to do the same trick and switch back to English but I couldn't! In main menu of 2nd part of the game you can't change language! No any over options were available except for those you selected during first part.

And in 3rd part the minigame translation is fine - right font, right translation.

So there are 3 problems:
1. Russian translation for minigames' rules for part #1 is just incorrect.
2. Russian translation for minigames' rules for part #2 isn't displayed bcs of some font issue.
3. You can't change your language settings for part #2.

In part 3 I faced with one weird bug. At limbo after "fuck up" episode you must use a power inverter instead of yin symbol to open the exit and then play minigame to escape. I didn't realized that bcs I clicked "look" at Console with switchers and stuck in it. I wasn't able to exit this window. There is no skip or rules interface buttons displayed. Most of the time you take a switcher it just disappears and you can't open inventory to check if it's there. So you must exit the game. Unfortunately if you load autosave - the game will be broken since that. So I restored old save and played till that moment again. Then I explicitly saved just before looking at Console and the bug reproduced. I fought it's a deadend and game can't be continued anymore. Then I opened a walkthrough on youtube and found out that I could use power inverter instead of Yien and jump to the hole. I tried that and watched the video clip then I approach the table with switches again and - viola! - there was minigame interface and switchers behaved correctly. I played with them and made an attempt to pass the escalator but failed. Next time I approached the table the switchers start glitching again but at least there was minigame interface so I just pressed the skip button and moved to the next scene.

And the problem that affects the hole game - it forgets the settings. I mean when you close the game it rewrites setting file (if any settings were changed during play session, for ex. music level) but default setting are stored in it instead of real settings. This is a big problem because it rewrites screen resolution and although I was playing in fullscreen mode it used this screen resolution for some reason. So when I restarted the game the gamescreen was so big that I can't reach the settings. The game is also ignoring any data in settings file that is stored in game folder (while checking its existence while launching which is strange). To bypass this problem I was forced to edit config.ini in '/home/name/.local/share/Daedalic Entertainment GmbH/Deponia The Complete Journey/' folder and change "RESOLUTION =" to my real resolution (1360x768) from default (1920x1080). If you change anything in game settings the settings (including screen resolution) will be reseted to defaults just after you close the game. May be it's related to the fact i have cracked libsteam_api.so in the folder and getting "Unable to load dll: /ssd/Deponia The Complete Journey/libsteam_api.so" in terminal... You know, "It's pity, things automatically belong to me as long as I take them".

So 2 more problems:
4. Bug with minigame's Console table at limbo after fuckup scene if you click on it before entering the hole.
5. Weird config.ini overwriting.

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Re: Some feedback on Linux version

Beitragvon Galdring » Di 21. Feb 2017, 19:43

Hello,

many thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear that you've experienced these bugs! I will forward this to our devs.

Best regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

tt007
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Re: Some feedback on Linux version

Beitragvon tt007 » Mi 22. Feb 2017, 13:06

Hi,
Small update: Bug 4 (with minigame) seems to disappear after I updated my NVIDIA driver from nvidia-370.28 to nvidia-378.13. So it was some driver related problem.

Zurück zu „Technische Unterstützung / Technical support“