**SPOILERS** Plan to solve Deponia’s problems / Plan, die Probleme von Deponia zu lösen

Dame Demolition
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

**SPOILERS** Plan to solve Deponia’s problems / Plan, die Probleme von Deponia zu lösen

Beitragvon Dame Demolition » So 12. Feb 2017, 18:25

Hi, German Translation follows English post / Hallo, deutsche Übersetzung folgt englischer Pfosten

I realize the game Deponia is a tragic comedy and is not intended to end well. Nevertheless... the world Deponia has two problems: 1) Trash. 2) Rufus.

We can’t clean up Deponia, but we can clean up some of it – maybe the size of Germany – if we put the trash on Elysium. Then you can explode some other trash – maybe the size of America – to propel Elysium away from the planet.
We don’t need to send the junk all the way to Utopia, so we don’t need to blow up the whole planet. Just some of it. (Altered orbit, gravity – fun!)

That brings me to problem number two: Rufus. This is easy too: Rufus is very good at pretending to be someone else (Cletus, Wink). He needs to pretend to be someone else... all the time!

Toni couldn’t clean up so much junk by herself, so the Organon would have to help. Also they have the access to Elysium. So, Rufus pretends to be Argus and makes Toni and the Organon load up Elysium with junk while evacuating the Elysian people using the Elysian water slides (this also brings fresh water to Deponia).
To make Rufus to this, he’d have to be tricked into it – challenged like with the fisherman and also to impress Goal.

Anyway, thanks for a great game.

-------

Ich verwirkliche das Spiel Deponia ist eine tragische Komödie und soll nicht gut enden. Trotzdem ... die Welt Deponia hat zwei Probleme: 1) Müll. 2) Rufus.

Wir können Deponia nicht aufräumen, aber wir können etwas aufräumen - vielleicht die Größe von Deutschland -, wenn wir den Müll auf Elysium setzen. Dann können Sie einen anderen Müll explodieren - vielleicht die Größe von Amerika -, um Elysium vom Planeten zu treiben.
Wir brauchen den Müll nicht bis nach Utopia zu schicken, deshalb brauchen wir nicht den ganzen Planeten zu sprengen. Nur einige davon. (Veränderte Bahn, Schwerkraft - Spaß!)

Das bringt mich zum Problem Nummer zwei: Rufus. Das ist auch ganz einfach: Rufus ist sehr gut darin, sich vorzustellen, jemand anderer zu sein (Cletus, Wink). Er muss vorgeben, jemand anderes zu sein ... die ganze Zeit!

Toni konnte nicht so viel Müll von sich selbst aufräumen, so dass der Organon helfen musste. Auch haben sie den Zugang zu Elysium. Also, Rufus vorgibt, Argus und macht Toni und das Organon laden Elysium mit Müll, während Evakuierung der Elysian Menschen mit dem Elysian Wasserrutschen (das bringt auch frisches Wasser zu Deponia).
Um Rufus dazu zu machen, müsste er in ihn hineingezogen werden - wie mit dem Fischer herausgefordert und auch Goal zu beeindrucken.

Jedenfalls, vielen Dank für ein tolles Spiel.

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Re: **SPOILERS** Plan to solve Deponia’s problems / Plan, die Probleme von Deponia zu lösen

Beitragvon Galdring » So 12. Feb 2017, 20:46

Hello,

many thanks for your comment! You've put quite some thought into this. :)

I don't think it would be that easy - whilst some of it may be doable (sending Elysium packed with trash away), it would fail because of one simple reason: Most people don't seem to think all that trash is all that much of a problem, people have settled. And while Rufus is good at pretending to be somebody for a short while, it inevitably fails after longer periods because Rufus is... well... Rufus - even if he pretends to be Argus, he would still keep doing stupid and completely unreasonable things, up to a point where the Organon would become suspicious. ;)

Regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

Dame Demolition
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Re: **SPOILERS** Plan to solve Deponia’s problems / Plan, die Probleme von Deponia zu lösen

Beitragvon Dame Demolition » Di 14. Feb 2017, 13:27

Well it doesn't matter that the Deponians have gotten used to the trash -- I wasn't thinking of asking permission. But sadly, I know you are right, Rufus would never be able to avoid creating a disaster.

I was thinking at the time of all the Doofus managers I have had where the underlings do the correct work behind the manager's back, and that at the top (in Argus' position) something like that can be done for Roofus -- but none of those managers have attempted to pull banana out of a light socket with a coat hanger wire... so you're right that won't work.

My next thought was to pack Rufus into the now garbage-filled Elysium with a "you get what you wish for" sign. But if Goal stays on the cleaned up part -- maybe running a disco for retired Organon -- Rufus would crash Elysium down again to get to her. And it seems very unfair to allow Goal to go up there with him -- even though she would follow him anywhere -- and allow her to pay this terrible price for everyone else. I then considered sending Toni up, but she would be much less effective at keeping Rufus from making a disaster, and besides, we know already she might actually kill him.

I am starting to come to terms with the terrible ending of "Goodbye Deponia". It seems easier to solve Deponia's trash problem than Deponia's Rufus problem and also leave him alive. I will keep thinking about this, but I will be able to play the next game soon.

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“