Steam DRM-free GOG.com version?

Speakerpankratz
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

Steam DRM-free GOG.com version?

Beitragvon Speakerpankratz » Mo 18. Jun 2012, 15:39

Hello dear talented Daedalic developers,
As a proud owner of digital & boxed copies of Edna&Harvey, The Whispered World and A New Beginning, I was very disappointed to find out that Chains of Satinav will use Steam DRM. It's understandable that you want to have a guaranteed spot on Steam's digital store, but still...

I don't know whether there's a boxed, English version of the game planned and whether it would still use Steam, so is there a chance that Chains of Satinav will make it to GOG? I've noticed that The Whispered World is there and GOG have recently gotten into the business of releasing selected "brand new" games, as well.
A GOG version would be an instant purchase for me.

Thank you in advance.

Io
Bewahrer(in) von Kissen und Wischmop

Re: Steam DRM-free GOG.com version?

Beitragvon Io » Mo 18. Jun 2012, 15:44

Hi Speakerpankratz,

though this is not completely impossible, the chances are very low there will be a release of TDE: Chains of Satinav on GOG.com anytime soon.

Cheers,
Io
Bild

Speakerpankratz

Beitragvon Speakerpankratz » Do 21. Jun 2012, 09:21

Oh... What a pity, unless your hands are completely tied, please reconsider your decision, I'm sure many people would be just as interested in the GOG release as I am.

Is there an English retail release planned?
One more question if I may, I've noticed that the Gamersgate version uses Securom one-time activation as opposed to Steam, is that correct or a mistake on Gmgate's part?
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DECS/the ... of-satinav
I'll happily buy Chains of Satinav on Gamersgate if it's Steam-free.

Io

Beitragvon Io » Do 21. Jun 2012, 10:03

Speakerpankratz hat geschrieben:Is there an English retail release planned?

As far as I know, there is no English retail version. The German retail also contains the English version of the game, though.

Speakerpankratz hat geschrieben:One more question if I may, I've noticed that the Gamersgate version uses Securom one-time activation as opposed to Steam, is that correct or a mistake on Gmgate's part?

This version is steamless, yes. There are a few international digital vendors that sell a steamless version of the game. This version is only available in English.
Bild

Speakerpankratz

Beitragvon Speakerpankratz » Do 21. Jun 2012, 10:15

Io hat geschrieben:As far as I know, there is no English retail version. The German retail also contains the English version of the game, though.

That's very interesting. Are both the voice overs and subtitles in English or are the subtitles in German only? Does the retail version use mandatory Steam?

Speakerpankratz hat geschrieben:This version is steamless, yes. There are a few international digital vendors that sell a steamless version of the game. This version is only available in English.

Wonderful, thank you for clarifying. :)
I'm definitely purchasing the Gamersgate version then. Thank you for responding so quickly.

Io

Beitragvon Io » Do 21. Jun 2012, 12:56

Speakerpankratz hat geschrieben:Are both the voice overs and subtitles in English or are the subtitles in German only?

Yes. The English version is translated completely.

Speakerpankratz hat geschrieben:Does the retail version use mandatory Steam?

Yes. You will have to activate that one via Steam.

Speakerpankratz hat geschrieben:Thank you for responding so quickly.

You're very welcome. I wish you lots of fun playing! :)
Bild

Hilgert

Beitragvon Hilgert » Do 21. Jun 2012, 13:33

Io hat geschrieben:This version is steamless, yes. There are a few international digital vendors that sell a steamless version of the game. This version is only available in English.

What?! When I asked if it would be possible to offer steamless versions, I got a clear "no". Now I could have simply bought from an international digital vendor then, if I would have just known. :evil: This does not seem right to me and it does not fit to the previous argumentation pro Steam, honestly. Lucky Speakerpankratz. ;)
Alles ist still in Abilacht, der Hilgert hat 'nen Witz gemacht.

Io

Beitragvon Io » Do 21. Jun 2012, 13:52

Hilgert, this was not the case back when you asked, but is a very recently decision.
Bild

unknown-ish
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Beitragvon unknown-ish » So 1. Jul 2012, 11:31

"Io hat geschrieben:
As far as I know, there is no English retail version. The German retail also contains the English version of the game, though."

What are those vendors that sells the retail german version of the game that include english version ?

Io

Beitragvon Io » So 1. Jul 2012, 13:15

unknown-ish hat geschrieben:"Io hat geschrieben:
As far as I know, there is no English retail version. The German retail also contains the English version of the game, though."

What are those vendors that sells the retail german version of the game that include english version ?

Any vendor selling the German retail. Amazon.de for example.
Bild

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“