WHY DEPONIA ENDING WAS SO DESAPOINTING

Xlb13
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

WHY DEPONIA ENDING WAS SO DESAPOINTING

Beitragvon Xlb13 » Mi 13. Nov 2013, 05:08

the best story and adventure ever made ended up of the worst way, rufus fought all trilogy to stay with goal, fought for her, died for her, and at the end he just let her to cletus?!!!!! for free?!!!!!! unless someone is planning to do a Deponia 4, or a DLC that makes Rufus finds goal and marry her or something like that. This ending was the WORST EVER!!!!!

<El Pollo Diablo>
Tüftler(in) des Schwimmenden Schwarzmarkts

Re: WHY DEPONIA ENDING WAS SO DESAPOINTING

Beitragvon <El Pollo Diablo> » Mi 13. Nov 2013, 11:26

Orginal von Galdring

Hello,
to end this discussions point about "just doing this end to make a sequel": Poki himself stated in the German thread about the ending that this, exactly this, was the ending he intended for the Deponia Trilogy. There will be no other ending and no sequel.

(English translation from "Galdring")

Poki:

Wow!

I am extremely impressed by this discussion. I've been reading some postings, that issued and discussed the exact same questions I've been pondering about for the past years.

They say, the author should be silent so his work can speak for him. Nevertheless, here are some of my thoughts, you can see for yourself how they fit into the big puzzle that is Deponia:

They say, you lose your ideals when you grow older. We all are on this planet only for a limited time, so it's just realistic to settle your goals with what's achieveable. The ability to learn from experience, which plans will fail and which ones will be succesful, is called reason. So it's reason that makes you settle down with your ideals. But we admire "courageous" people, who keep their goals, even if they've become highly unrealistic.

Rufus is such a person - in perfection. He wants to achieve the impossible, symbolised by Elysium. But the closer he gets to Elysium, the clearer it gets, that there will always be another goal for him: Elysium, Utopia... and then?
Rufus can't settle down peacefully without becoming something he hates. He could have had "A life of peace and satisfaction" in Kuvaq already, had he been willing to clean up a little bit and be satisfied with his life. But that's not the kind of guy he is.

In the end, the central conflict of the game are the two conflicts, that are discussed here - to reach the end or just keep on going forever?

You can imagine how hard it is to find a fitting end for this conflict. It seems impossible. But I'm too much Rufus myself in this regard... ;)

P.S.: It gets even more interesting when you consider that this whole conflict isn't even Rufus' conflict essentially. Rufus already chose Chaos before the game even started and is very unmoveable in this regard throughout the whole trilogy. It's actually Goal, who brings the conflict to the game and carries it for most of the time. She's the one who's indecisive - and the rotor-situation isn't a metaphore for her indecisiveness by accident.

Xlb13

Beitragvon Xlb13 » Mi 13. Nov 2013, 15:52

I thank you for trying to decrease my desappointment, but , if Deponia would finish like that why Goal was created? because on the start of the game rufu's goal is elysium, but after he meets Goal, she becomes his objective, after that, all his effort , fight , pain and even death (since he died) was 80% to get's Goal's love, and only 20% of this effort was to save Deponia. So at the end , after he gets so close to stay with goal forever come Argus, and Cletus to screw eveything up, and because of Cletus and Argus mistakes, he decided to throw away everything he spent the entire trilogy to anchieve?!!!!!! , because of the mistakes of the idiots (cletus and argus) , and then he left his lovely dear in the hands of the idiot ex-fiance of her, going together to elysium?!!!!!! that's the most nosense thing. if it would end up like that Goal never should be created.

and here is some questions that the ending left to me :
did Rufus die after his (stupid) heroic action?
is Goal really believing that Cletus is actualy Rufus?
what happened with everyone else from organon and the resistance ?!!!
and what happened with Elysium and Deponia after that? because since i know , Elysium can't fly forever since people's source was decreasing a lot.

I have to congrat you for the 2 first games and for 90% of the third game part Daedalic, because the end of the third was a desapointment.

FreeBird
Forscher(in) der Feenwelt

Beitragvon FreeBird » Mi 13. Nov 2013, 17:48

It is pretty obvious that Goal knows Cletus is not Rufus, just look at her face when Rufus decides to fall. Also he is dead, he allready died before when he fell of the other Organon-ship. Personaly, I absolutly love the ending, it has been one of the few moments in gaming that actualy touched me.
Bekennender Steam-Fanboy

Vetras

Beitragvon Vetras » Mi 13. Nov 2013, 19:13

Xlb13 hat geschrieben:is Goal really believing that Cletus is actualy Rufus?

From the sub-text you can pretty much confirm, that Goal knows that, that was Cletus. And she is just going with it, because the situation (Cletus pretending to be Rufus, so he was saved by Goal) forced him to act like Rufus. And that's a pretty hard punishment for a guy like Cletus.
I think with that, he exactly gets was he deserves.
Goal even teases him with that "You can simply be yourself.....forever Rufus"

Xlb13

Beitragvon Xlb13 » Do 14. Nov 2013, 13:50

Well you answered 2 questions but what about the organon and the resistance members ? and don't forget that rufus was in 3 so 2 of him died (as you're saying, because I don't know what hapenned with the rufus who junped out on space, since he always manage to survive somehow, unless you're the developer I can't just accept Rufus died so easy and with an idiot action like that) but what hapenned with the last one because the 1st was killed by Seagull, the 2nd junped on the space and the what about the 3rd ?

FreeBird

Beitragvon FreeBird » Do 14. Nov 2013, 15:03

3rd died when he surfed the Oppenbot at crashed into the ground, Goal survived because she fell of and landed soft on the.. eh you know that little place you locked up Goon in. the Teigtaschenstand.
Bekennender Steam-Fanboy

Xlb13

Beitragvon Xlb13 » Do 14. Nov 2013, 15:34

great. all questions were answered, except for one ( all these answers are only desappointing me more and more) what hapenned with organon and the resistance?

FreeBird

Beitragvon FreeBird » Do 14. Nov 2013, 15:51

Went to Elysium. Now it is up to Cletus-Rufus to find a sollution for the obviously arising problems, which actually means that it is Goals task. In the end the player shares Goals feelings, feeling lost and sad and unsure about the future. This has been done deliberate, Deponia is and allways has been a tragicomedy, sorry if you missed that.
Bekennender Steam-Fanboy

Vetras

Beitragvon Vetras » Fr 15. Nov 2013, 00:10

And before the "How can you say that for sure, that the Organons etc are on Elysium?" question comes up.

Everyone (including the 11.000 Organons and Rufus ....team) were on the highboat, which was about to crash on deponia....or was stuck there...whatever. Everyone on that highboat was forced to escape to Elysium as Ulysses said. And when Cletus (after Goal saved him) dragged Goal to go on to Elysium you can see the escaping Organons in the background

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“