Deponia 4?

dopefish
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Re: Deponia 4?

Beitragvon dopefish » Do 5. Dez 2013, 22:18

So just pop in to say thanks to Daedalic for such a good trilogy they made. I had great enjoyment playing through Deponia trilogy.
Concerning the ending I think Poki’s explanation is rather logical and anyway he as an artist has right to make sad ending. It is rather usual for literature that the story ends with not a happy end (even fairy tales used to have sad endings until Disney era started). Trilogy was centered around Rufus and his dreams and so his story came to the end. Thus, it is good that there are unanswered questions so that there is possibility for spin offs in such a rich game universe.
Sudden change of game mood from light to serious naturally caused gamers who became emotionally connected to Rufus to feel unsatisfied (well usually you expect to get a cake in the end of computer game). In fact it shows how well the plot is done. Possibly you could have sweeten the ending in the final video in style of ingenious Monthy Python’s Life of Brian – finish the game with joyful song of hope and happiness – and you can’t say that it is not happy ending.
Anyway it would be funny if fans outcry would lead to Rufu’s revival in next game as like with Sherlok Holmes (was revived because of fans outrage).

Xlb13
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

Beitragvon Xlb13 » Fr 6. Dez 2013, 21:07

I agree with "Babayaga" thought Deponia would be my favorite trilogie as well, but it just kept like that before the terrible ending,and for dopefish we are not claiming because it finished with rufu's death, we are claiming because they made us hope for rufus and goal's succeess, in love and stopping deponia's destruction, and at the end they just put rufus, the one who fought and died (literally) to save Deponia and get Goal's love , to die, and then put the idiot bad ass that is cletus and Argus to arrive on deponia with GOAL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's no sense on it, they could at least make rufus die bringing cletus and Argust with him, or something like that. Again I express my dessapoitment.

shinakazami1

Beitragvon shinakazami1 » Fr 6. Dez 2013, 23:42

Xlb13 If I remember good, Argus died, too. He couldn't live on Elisium, because we could see him in ending.

Deponia is great trilogy, like dopefish said.
He had right: we think like Rufus, we're him. I'm him, too, and this ending in half don't satisfied me. But in real thing, if Rufus would be on Elisium, he won't be so happy, too. We would want more and we want more adventures now.

But I wanted ask YOU : do you know what mean 'Elisium' or 'Utopia'? Mr. Poki haven't done this names by himself, they mean something.

smithu

Beitragvon smithu » So 8. Dez 2013, 19:56

Agree to most of you, it's like being hard slapped in the face and left to be empty and unsatisfied. I think people don't really have hard feeling toward tragedy ending but an ending that they let the bad guy win, get main girl, and live happy after while the hero dead is way too much.
(Well, I don't know about other, but after purchased the three games and got this kind of ending, I'm done here, no more legal #goodbye Daedalic)
Zuletzt geändert von smithu am So 8. Dez 2013, 22:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

shinakazami1

Beitragvon shinakazami1 » So 8. Dez 2013, 21:06

If you don't won't spoilers, don't look at my comment! Thanks

smithu Yea, you're right. But some people think that Cletus was in half good. But we have to look from the other side... It's better to them (on for us, we don't like this ending) because:
a) Rufus won't be happy, no more adventure (maybe)
b) Argus was bad person (we know him as evil, but we don't know his whole story) and if he would be alive, it would be sad ending, too. But did he died? What happened to him? Noone knows.
c) Cletus (how I said before) was maybe good person. Someone in comment said, what could happened (maybe Stefferty said th... write, write that)
d) Hermes, what happened to him? He was alive, right? He can do something after ending, in our own story ( my friend: :shock: :? :| )
Of course, we don't know either what happened to Deponians without Barry and Rufus... maybe. We can only think about future in Deponia.
For me real mystery ( you: :lol: ) is: what mr. Paul wanted to do in alternative endings? Does anybody know something about this? I want really to know....
And the last question, because I don't remember: who did desing and character (look) in 'Deponia'? :?:

Pand3mic

Beitragvon Pand3mic » So 8. Dez 2013, 22:08

I cant believe that there will be no other ending or sequel..but more about the ending.There should be another,because there are still some questions unaswered.First of all "Did Rufus survive the fall ?".That is the most important of the questions.If he survived the fall then the other question comes in place "Will the Elysians ever land on Deponia because of low supplies ?",because im sure that the elders said that they dont have enough supplies to fly forever.And if they land on Deponia will Goal land with them ? I heard Goal saying "I love Rufus" and I'm curious about them too,because "the fortune teller" said that they have a difficult path before them.Was that the difficult path between them ???That was not difficult...I would really want another game with a happy ending with Rufus and Goal.Rufus deserves a happy ending,even though he damaged Goal's brain implant and then he split her mind into 3 parts he DOES deserve a happy ending.If it wasn't Rufus,as Goal said, they wouldn't even notice when Elysium fires at Deponia.Rufus is truly their savior.After all the bad thing that happened to his friends,and after those stupid moves that Rufus did,I didn't expect that ending.I would never think of that kind of ending.And why ? I still don't get why the ending is so bad.But I now know that for once Rufus DID change. "The real Rufus will never change !" "And the real Rufus will never....Let go !"...I wonder why it was that hard for Goal to recognize who was the real Rufus...I don't think that Cletus is going to be a better Rufus after all...I will be really relieved if someone told me that Rufus is REALLY alive after that fall... :)

Xlb13
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

Beitragvon Xlb13 » Mo 9. Dez 2013, 15:28

agree 100% with Pand3mic , the only one who could really make a plan to somehow save elysium and deponia was Rufus, doesn't matter how crazy it could be. But do they care for this? No! we are unsatisfied not because rufus died , but because of the way he died, they made us hope for Rufus and Goal's relationship for 2,5/3 parts of the all trilogy, and then they just put rufus to die, without even give a kiss or a hug on goal, or saying his last words (if he actually died , because I don't know), and then put her in the hands of her idiot eex-fioncé, and really doesn't matter if he was half good, his actions since the start of the game were selfish , just thinking is his own good. I'm really desapointed and after this ending I'll think 2 times after getting Daedalic's games , unfortunately. this negative effect would not even exist if the game was 1 , but since it was 3 the negative effect got 3 times bigger. maybe many people will back for torrents after this dessapontment.

FreeBird
Forscher(in) der Feenwelt

Beitragvon FreeBird » Mo 9. Dez 2013, 15:41

Well I tend to find his last words to Goal quite rememorable...
Bekennender Steam-Fanboy

Instapickle

Beitragvon Instapickle » Di 11. Feb 2014, 01:56

I have alot of problems with the ending on the deponia series. The first one is that the reason Rufus dies is pretty much bullshit. I can understand the concept of him dying in the end, but the reasoning behind it was just bollocks. There were plenty of ways for proving that he was the real Rufus, yet you werent given the option to do that. Rufus and Goal spent quite a bit of time together before they entered the ship. Rufus death seemed a little meaningless as well. The point of his death was that he had finally changed, yet in the end it was for naught. The same outcome could very well have happened if Rufus was the same as before he went all hero-like. Of course, It's not stated that he actually died, altough it is implied. A better way to portray the fact that Rufus had changed would be him actually sacrficing himself for Goal, not just speeding up her process of making a decision. The classic "toss yourself in the way of a fast moving object and push away the person you're trying to save" scenario would have been more satisfactory. Because the thing that was Rufus all along was his egoism, am I right? But enough on the death, I have more problems. Firstly, the ending dosent give enough closure in my opinion. There are alot of unanswered questions, though many have been mentioned before. But the thing that bugs me the most is Goals reaction to all this. See seems to get over Rufus death really quickly. There isnt a single tear in the whole ending. Even when she looks down on deponia, she dosent seem that depressed. It's more like her bike got stolen than that her love interest died. And when Rufus tells her to save Cletus instead of her I think she should have realized that he was the real Rufus. If not for that he changed, but that only him would try to pull something like that anyways.
While I think the whole series was amazing, I believe that the ending was not what the series deserved.

sanchez854

Beitragvon sanchez854 » Do 13. Feb 2014, 13:17

I would like to share the unknown song of the singer of deponia. He said the song he sang at the end of the game kinda doesn't show what he really feels about the ending. Here it goes

The all was so good and the game was perfect

With the Goal and the Rufus and Organon chant

We were on great mission to go to Elysium

Despite the Seagull and all who says we can't

When we were in that world we thought the same, this game is too good it's far from being lame

Then you killed our rufus without any shame, and you know what you just screwed our game

Huzzah, they screwed our game

Sing it with the singers melody, it becomes better.. And if there are grammar misatakes at song, i know you will bi ignore, won't you :d

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“