Deponia 4?

FreeBird
Forscher(in) der Feenwelt

Re: Deponia 4?

Beitragvon FreeBird » Mi 13. Nov 2013, 19:32

A lot of the discussion surrounding the ending is such a "me-generation" thing: "I was sad in the end, therefor the ending has been just terrible. Or even disgusting." Very few people think about the artist and what he wanted to express. You must treat games like this less as a service and more as art.
Bekennender Steam-Fanboy

Davidlo
Gnom(in) der Zensur

Beitragvon Davidlo » Do 14. Nov 2013, 14:54

FreeBird hat geschrieben:A lot of the discussion surrounding the ending is such a "me-generation" thing: "I was sad in the end, therefor the ending has been just terrible. Or even disgusting." Very few people think about the artist and what he wanted to express. You must treat games like this less as a service and more as art.

In that case it really depends on what the artist wishes to evoke in people. In my case it was genuine sadness, regret and disappointment. To put myself together I literally had to force myself into believing that no matter the fact that the story told by Poki ended there is story left untold, meaning things can develop in whichever way you like. So did Deponia manage to affect people's emotions? Yes. Did it affect them in a positive way? Not so much.

FreeBird

Beitragvon FreeBird » Do 14. Nov 2013, 15:00

Does it have to? Absolutely not.
Bekennender Steam-Fanboy

Davidlo
Gnom(in) der Zensur

Beitragvon Davidlo » Do 14. Nov 2013, 19:50

FreeBird hat geschrieben:Does it have to? Absolutely not.

I'm sorry but my expression was a bit unfortunate. What I wanted to say was that it defines how people remember the game. Being sad at the end of the story is nothing wrong (not sure if you read my post where I mentioned The Walking Dead). Ultimately what I wanted to say was that people may not remember the game in a positive way rather than not experiencing positive emotions at the end.

FreeBird

Beitragvon FreeBird » Do 14. Nov 2013, 20:30

Yeah thats right. However I have the feeling people dislike the ending because they are not used to such a hard emotional beating were they did not expect it. I did not play The Walking Dead, but the overall feel of the game seems like you would not be suprised by an "unhappy" ending. I have not been suprised by Deponias ending, but if you didnt look into the serious moments of the series too much and focused on its humourus part I can absoloutly see you shocked.
Bekennender Steam-Fanboy

Xlb13
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

Beitragvon Xlb13 » Sa 16. Nov 2013, 19:29

sadness, regret and disappointment. these were the feelings that deponia left on me. I really regret to have played the third one, I'd rather not to know how it ends. now when people ask me if I recommend the game I'll just tell them " if you really like desappointment, go for it"

shinakazami1
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Beitragvon shinakazami1 » So 24. Nov 2013, 21:53

So many questions, so many comments.... I wanted to say what I think, of course many people can don't agree, but it's okay :)

It's good and bad ending. For us it's only beginning of new adventures, bug, for author it's good end, because Rufus couldn't live without adventures. Action is amazing, music too. But there are so many quesitons that we don't know answer (look in this post and my comments on Youtube, I have there the same nick). I wanted only to say to Deadalic: thanks for everything in this game, style, endings, mr. Paul, music, Rufus. It was great game :) But remember, that fans will do fanfictions, animations and comics about alternetive ending. I want to do it to, but for first I have to practise. See you soon :)

Stefferty
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon Stefferty » So 24. Nov 2013, 22:14

May contain spoilers!
I could have imagined so many possibilities for a sequel. The fact of the clones, Rufus actually still being Rufus falling down there besides Barry, the fact that the cloning machine is not that far away from the actual "death point". It could be logical that Rufus could have died because there is no other way to save those people or in fact just the possibility of Elysium itself.
Again, Hermes said something about Rufus having hope! Maybe he actually let go because he had hope to be reanimated or not to die? (Or the love thing with Goal, but that aside there are so many possibilities that I almost burst with curiosity.)

The ending is just fine for the 3rd game. Rufus is a great character. There are many ways how this could continue: Cletus' plans for Elysium fail, Elysium has to land on Deponia and they try to save everyone. They could begin to recycle and find the cloning device, accidentally creating more Organons, Rufus at the state of mind before he goes and try to rescue everyone or at the state of mind that he actually falls into the cloning device from the great fall. Last option of that Scenario: Hermes. he could explain everything to the fellow Deponians, because he was searching a really long time for a solution and the fact that he gave up his Existance for Rufus has to be the fact that Rufus is somewhat important for him. (I did not catch the reason that clearly in the game thou..)

I understand that this "sequel" would definatly not be the kind of sequel to call Deponia 4, but perhaps something else on the line of exploring a little bit more of Deponia. Great stuff for fanfictions anyways.

-Stefferty

Babayaga

Beitragvon Babayaga » Fr 29. Nov 2013, 04:59

Finally created an account here. I love Daedalic games. The Whispered World was one of the best adventure games I've played in ages, (even if the main characters voice was annoying). Deponia is one that my son have played and highly enjoyed. The ending to Goodbye Deponia was utterly disappointing. I feel cheated. If it were a book, I wouldn't want to read anything from the author again. I get it... I understand what was done. It just left no real sense of closure. Nothing bitter sweet. If Rufus had to die, it could have been done better. Goal ending up with Cletus in Elysium??? Seriously....

A terrible ending to what I thought was going to be one of my favorite trilogies. Please continue to make games, but I beg you... don't ever do anything like the end of Goodbye Deponia again. It was awful.

siman

Beitragvon siman » Mi 4. Dez 2013, 22:06

I'm dropping in too, that was a horrid ending to the series. The first two games are amazing pieces of work the third just seems like a joke. The animation and music where there and spot on but it felt like the writer was just done. I rated the first two highly, in the 9s in fact. But the third fell off the map even before I got to the ending. It was like watching Leonardo paint the Mona Lisa, but at the last second draw a uni brow and stash. Then unhappy with the results light the entire thing on fire. In the end only plus I can say is everyone else keep up the pace but the story was trash 4.5/10 for effort. :(

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“