Will there be a sequel/continuation ?

Jeff
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Will there be a sequel/continuation ?

Beitragvon Jeff » Mo 16. Sep 2013, 15:09

Hey ! :)
I have just finished the game, and I've been amazed by Geron and Sadja's stories (especially Sadja's).
I know it is quite early to ask for this but will there be a sequel/continuation of Memoria ?

• SPOILER •
I also have some questions, now I've finished the game :
  • Were Sadja and the Prince Kasim friends or brother and sister ?
  • I've been quite sad about Bryda's disappearance, could she possibly come back ?
Bild

SvennaCirclet
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Re: Will there be a sequel/continuation ?

Beitragvon SvennaCirclet » Mo 16. Sep 2013, 16:05

I assumed they were brother and sister based on Sadja's conversation with Ariarchos but then given the ending, I think they were friends until it went sour.

I definitely hope there's a sequel :x
Twitter: @SvennaCirclet
Steam: SvennaCirclet

Oehr
Tüftler(in) des Schwimmenden Schwarzmarkts

Beitragvon Oehr » Mo 16. Sep 2013, 20:15

Hopefully, there will be. Well, it doesn't have to be a sequel, but the world sure is nice and full of potential.

To answer your questions:
1. They were friends and living somewhat like siblings would at a palace or something. It's not like I can speak from experience^^ Either way, that friendship went sour after Kasim kicked her out and trembled her pride.
2. I'm not familiar with the world of DSA, so I only know what happened in the games Daedalic made. My opinion on this: I doubt she will or can come back. She got her existence wiped out. Still, other people's memories remain apparently...

Xeledon
Pilot(in) der Zeit

Beitragvon Xeledon » Di 17. Sep 2013, 08:55

I don't think we will hear of Bryda anymore in the future. But I will definitely remember her as a really well-written and interesting character.
As to the relationship between Sadja and Kasim: I think, it is said quite clearly, that she was just a girl living on the streets and not a princess after all, that somehow is the whole point about the ending. I don't even think, the two kids have really been friends, it seems more like Kasim has just brought some randomly chosen girl off the streets to have someone he could play with for a while and then, when he got bored with her, he threw her out again. I would guess she just lived in the palace for a couple of days and was just one of many "friends" that Kasim brought in to play with him for a while.
"There is no dark side of the moon. Matter of fact it's all dark."
- Pink Floyd

aRestless

Beitragvon aRestless » Mo 23. Sep 2013, 21:17

Xeledon hat geschrieben:I don't even think, the two kids have really been friends, it seems more like Kasim has just brought some randomly chosen girl off the streets to have someone he could play with for a while and then, when he got bored with her, he threw her out again.

Exactly that was my interpretation.

Concerning the sequel: I think it's quite clear that the story of Nuri has ended. And a game with Geron, but without Nuri? Don't think so.

And the other two? Well, the first one is a girl that had been a stone for several hundred years and her companion is an indesctructible archmage who was able to transform his own body while he was an artefact and now can't show himself in public. That sounds like a staff for a superhero movie, but not for an adventure game made by daedalic.

There is, however, the story of Ariarchos (the priest who was injured in the flying fortress). In the official The Dark Eye timeline he survives the battle, but his further story is no long one. He never managed to flee the desert.

Kickaha
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon Kickaha » Mo 23. Sep 2013, 23:05

The situation at the end of "Memoria" is what I would call unresolved (for example Sadja presumably still knows the true name of the Servant of Time). But sometimes endings are not neat and tidy.

There is room for a sequel which wouldn't be a superhero slugfest, storylines which could be written. Where's a good place to see the official The Dark Eye timeline? I've only come across TDE as a result of Daedalic's two Adventure games.

Geron1985
Tüftler(in) des Schwimmenden Schwarzmarkts

Beitragvon Geron1985 » Di 24. Sep 2013, 18:31

I'm not sure if there is an official timeline in english. Even in german it's hard to find a timeline.
Maybe these sites can help you:

http://www.wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/En:Main_Page

http://z6.invisionfree.com/WindhaegeBoard/index.php?act=idx

Margo

Beitragvon Margo » Do 12. Dez 2013, 14:14

I hope there will be a sequel, Sadja's story was amazing. I think the part with Geron is over, not really much left to be said in his story. Maybe Nuri will learn to love him again, or maybe she will remember her past hopefully, but all that are things that maybe aren't enough for a further appearance from those two. Sadja's and the staff's story is different. A lot of potential for a sequel. At least the staff deserve's more from a simple ending for Sadja there. He has been trying to reunite with her for over 400 years, and even managed to create a ''ahem'' body so he can move and help her come back to him. As a powerful mage I think the staff has a lot more tricks up his sleeve as far as magic is concerned.(He practised with magic for a lot of years as he said so himself)
And plus, Sadja needs to help him get back a human body for god's sake, he never gave up on her.I ship those two together, definitely.

Finally as Bryda is concerned, she could come back but only as a villain, she died and evaporated alright but let's not forget, she read from the mask and put it on. The ritual was almost complete and the djinn of time can be unpredictable just to get on Satinav's nerves.
Oh well just some thoughts on the matter but the main point is this: Yes let there be a sequel! :twisted:
Don't be afraid, I'm part of the family.
- Ellen Ripley, Aliens 3

Ktosio
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon Ktosio » Mo 20. Jan 2014, 19:21

Margo hat geschrieben:I hope there will be a sequel, Sadja's story was amazing. I think the part with Geron is over, not really much left to be said in his story. Maybe Nuri will learn to love him again, or maybe she will remember her past hopefully, but all that are things that maybe aren't enough for a further appearance from those two.

I thought exactly the same. Their story was beautiful, but, as I think, they deserve to have a rest now ;)

Margo hat geschrieben:Sadja's and the staff's story is different. A lot of potential for a sequel. At least the staff deserve's more from a simple ending for Sadja there. He has been trying to reunite with her for over 400 years, and even managed to create a ''ahem'' body so he can move and help her come back to him. As a powerful mage I think the staff has a lot more tricks up his sleeve as far as magic is concerned.(He practised with magic for a lot of years as he said so himself)
And plus, Sadja needs to help him get back a human body for god's sake, he never gave up on her.I ship those two together, definitely.

Halef is my favourite character (when we're talking about new characters, added in Memoria). I'm very interested to see his human face! Maybe authors have a concept art of him, or something, that would show him as a normal person :)
But there was something strange about the Staff:
1. Mask stoles memories forever.
2. Before they reached Drakonia he started to remember more and more.
Is the first sentence false? Or maybe Halef is so powerful...? (Or it was like that because of Drakonia and I just didn't get it, while I was playing? :^P )
But if he really could change his body once, then he should be somehow able to change it once again... Maybe he just wanted to free Sadja first?
It would be great, if we could see him in a sequel (with Sadja, of course!). But as a human, this time :D

(edit: Hey! Now I remember, that Halef could turn Nuri back to her true body! So why couldn't he do the same with himself?)

And at the end of my post: the game is abolutely amazing!
As Margo wrote:
let there be a sequel!

;)
Sorry for my english and german... They're not my native languages and I'm not very good at them ;)

Mozalbete
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

Beitragvon Mozalbete » Mi 22. Jan 2014, 12:54

I hope there is a sequel in the future.
A sequel with Geron and Nuri would be very unlikely, since they gave the player 2 choices. They could consider one of them as canon, but that would be strange, and even then there wouldn't be much more to tell.
Sadja is a different story, and there is material for a sequel, I think. However, there are difficulties, since Halef is now very powerful, and they can't just remove his powers so that they don't interfer with the puzzles. It wouldn't make sense if he didn't use them, and the adventure shouldn't begin with 283472834 different spells. So they would have to think about some situation that keeps him from using his powers/separates him from Sadja.

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“