Similarities w/ other games

Sephollos
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Similarities w/ other games

Beitragvon Sephollos » So 16. Mär 2014, 22:33

I recently finished playing "Chains of Satinav" and "Memoria". I have been an avid adventure game fan since the old Sierra days, but I have to say that these were two of the best that I have played! Both had excellent stories and the puzzles were mostly a good difficulty...not super-difficult but enough so to make you think.

I read that Blackguards is set in the same universe as those two games. Is there much cross-over between this game and the previous ones? Do you get to interact with any familiar settings or characters? How is the game's story-line in comparison?

hydr0
Retter(in) des Müllplaneten

Re: Similarities w/ other games

Beitragvon hydr0 » Mo 17. Mär 2014, 00:04

maybe it would be helpful to watch some trailer or lets play videos of this game on youtube, so you get a better inside view, it is totaly not an adventure, and as far as i have played it (finished chapter 2 out of 6) there was not much thinking needed, only thing to think about is how to distribute your adventure points, to tune special character abilities, also you can download the demo version of the game, not shure if they fixed the bugs in there as well, "mostly minor ones" mixed character background item for head and feet, but one can deal with it. in my opinion the extra thrill with riddles is missing. here you have to find out how to use your characters attributes and the given hex.battlefield to figth against the mobs.

http://www.blackguards-game.com/media/demo/

its set in another area, anyway its not an adventure game, nor an ego/first person action game like demonicon
its more a tactic battle maps based game with some mostly linear story along.

What you may like to take a look at instead is called drakensang (not drakensang online, which again is something else)
you can check out a demo of the first level here: http://www.gamershell.com/news_66194.html
Bild

the full game could be found here http://www.amazon.com/Drakensang-Complete-River-Phileassons-Secret-Pc/dp/B005OGYVKU, or with some other dealers of your choice, since its a bit outdated it should run nice on modern hardware, dont forget to add the hd texture pack to make things look a bit nicer: http://www.dsa-drakensang.de/?go=dlfile&id=19

you may not like the fighting there as well, but the storyline is nicely told, can be helpful to know some of the rules how things are calculated sort of dungeons & dragons pen and paper based, well other rules...

---
not shure why you associate adventure games with sierra, okay they did a few but the old lucas art games (monkey island 1-2, ... tales of monkey island, indiana jones 3+4, loom, zak mckracken, maniac mansion, day of the tentacle, sam&max, the dig...) are just classics.

*welcome to the world of - The Dark Eye*

Sephollos

Beitragvon Sephollos » Mo 17. Mär 2014, 03:25

Thank you very much for the reply! I had no idea that the game had a demo, but I am downloading it now!

I know that it is not an adventure game at all, I have played my fair share of RPGs also so I am not new to the genre. But, since it is made by the same developer, I was more curious about whether the overall style/feel of the game would be similar, and whether we would be able to explore any locations or interact with characters from the other games. Thank you for mentioning Drakensang, I will look into it. I have played Drakensang online in the past, but only for a few levels.

Kordanor

Beitragvon Kordanor » Mo 17. Mär 2014, 03:40

It's the same world and you will hear about the same Gods and so on, but I guess that's it.

If you are looking for other adventures with a fantasy setting I can recommend "The Book of unwritten Tales" from another German Developer.

If you are looking for any other adventures regardless of the setting, you can almost blindly buy any Daedalic game.
A new Beginning, Edna & Harvey, Deponia... - there are all great!

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“