Cannot choose text in conversations using laptop

Der Technische Support für 1954 Alcatraz wurde eingestellt.
The Technical Support for 1954 Alcatraz was discontinued.
janner66
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Cannot choose text in conversations using laptop

Beitragvon janner66 » So 28. Jun 2015, 15:11

Hi,

I am playing 1954 Alcatraz and it was working fine until I got out of my cell at the beginning of the game and talked to the old man behind me. I can move the cursor over the conversation topics and then turn yellow when highlighted but I cannot select any of the topics. I have tried both laptop key buttons, enter, space, all the keys really. Do I need to have a separate mouse for this to work?

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Re: Cannot choose text in conversations using laptop

Beitragvon Galdring » Mo 6. Jul 2015, 09:30

Hello,

"Laptop" is a very generic term. To help you with this, we would need an accurate overview of the system you are using, the version of your game (retail? download? Steam?) etc.

Kind regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

astoutyeoman

Beitragvon astoutyeoman » Do 13. Aug 2015, 01:33

Galdring hat geschrieben:Hello,

"Laptop" is a very generic term. To help you with this, we would need an accurate overview of the system you are using, the version of your game (retail? download? Steam?) etc.

Kind regards,
Galdring

I am actually experiencing this problem as well. I am on a MacBook Pro and I downloaded this from Steam. Happy to provide whatever info is needed to help correct.

Game starts fine, the problem arises either as soon as I leave the cell and talk to the old man or in the mess hall in the second scene. Once while trying to save, it brought up the 'do you wish to overwrite' and I clicked yes and the window never left the screen although the game continued to play in the background. Other times I will be able to hit escape to bring up the menu, but can't click on any options. Still other times i can't click on any dialogue options. The similar thread is that I am able to use the mouse to move the cursor, but not to click or select anything.

I'm sure you need more info and I am more than happy to provide what I can so that i can play this game as I am looking forward to it.

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Di 18. Aug 2015, 16:39

Hello,

that's a bit more info, but still not enough, as you guessed ;)

Please refer to this link to find out exactly what information we need and send a mail to support@daedalic.de accordingly.

Kind regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

Sprachrächer

Beitragvon Sprachrächer » So 30. Aug 2015, 20:44

I had the same problem playing it in German with german subtitles. I changed the language to English with English subtitles then it worked. Of course this could be a coincidence.

Zurück zu „Technische Unterstützung / Technical support“