chris123
Gnom(in) der Zensur

Boxed "limitierte auflage" in English?

Beitragvon chris123 » Sa 29. Jun 2013, 19:16

Hi,

I saw this great-looking thing on Amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/Rondomedia-The-Nig ... the+Rabbit

A few questions:

1. Will you be releasing such a thing in English? Or any boxed version for that matter?

2A. What does the audiobook contain? Is it related to the game's story, and is it important to understand it?

2B. The Amazon.de page says the audio book is 60 minutes, the Steam page has a Premium Edition that contains 8 audio books, 160 minutes combined... how can it be so different?

3. Using Google to translate the Amazon page, I noticed this: "Without copy protection, but with retro-code request in the manual!" - how does this work? Is it also available in the GOG.com\Steam releases?

Please find the time to answer my questions :)

Thanks!

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Re: Boxed "limitierte auflage" in English?

Beitragvon Galdring » So 30. Jun 2013, 09:54

Hello chris,

1. I'm not aware of a planned release of the Retail-version in English. But this doesn't neccessarily mean we won't do one - I'm afraid I can't yet give you a clear answer here.

2.a) The audiobook is the same as the stories collected within the game, it's not important to understand the game, but rather gives more background to some characters and the like.

2.b) I think that's a mistake. I've just checked my audio book: 60min looks about right. I guess the 1 just smuggled itself in ;)

3. The retro-code is actually just that. The game ships with a red foil lens you have to use to check some pages in the manual (the game will ask you for this after the first 5-10min of gameplay). There are masters and apprentices and you have to take the right combination the game is asking. It's only in the Retail, so not in GOG or Steam (since it would have been hard to send a digital red lens ;)). But it's really more of a joke than an honest copy protection, just as it says.

Regarding the first question, I'll ask if a release is planned.

Kind regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

Al Dhi
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Al Dhi » So 30. Jun 2013, 10:07

The thing about the audiobook is this: There is a total of eight stories to be found ingame which you can then listen to in the game menu. The Steam Premium Edition contains all of these eight stories as bonus content apart from the game itself so that people can listen to them whenever they want. The audio CD in the boxed version however contains only three of them since a CD has limited runtime.

I hope that helped :)
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

chris123
Gnom(in) der Zensur

Beitragvon chris123 » Fr 16. Aug 2013, 17:38

Thanks for the very informative answer!

You guys seem to make the best retail versions in the adventure gaming world, completely oldschoold and worth collecting, but it's so frustrating that non-German-speakers can't enjoy them, and have to live with download-only versions... :(

CandyFace
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Beitragvon CandyFace » Di 27. Aug 2013, 14:53

I know what you mean, the only special edition i've got of any of my daedalic games is the Deponia Limited Edition which is awesome but i would so much like to have all my DAEDALIC games in Collector or Limited Edition ;_;

I guess i'll have to do with some german.

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“