The Night of the Rabbit Reviews

bigboy177
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

The Night of the Rabbit Reviews

Beitragvon bigboy177 » Fr 24. Mai 2013, 10:08

I hope it's not against forum policy, I would like to start a topic about the game reviews. Here's one of the first ones in Poland, it's from MiastoGier.pl:

http://www.miastogier.pl/recenzja,pc,1696.html

They gave the game the final score of 9/10 and an Editor's Choice award.

Screeny
Ehrenmitglied
Re: The Night of the Rabbit Reviews

Beitragvon Screeny » Fr 24. Mai 2013, 10:33

Here is one from germany:
http://www.daedalicfans.de/2013/05/im-t ... he-rabbit/

9.5 from 10 carrots :lol:

Edit: The review from daedalicfans is now available in English as well.
http://www.daedalicfans.com/2013/05/tes ... he-rabbit/
Zuletzt geändert von Screeny am Mo 27. Mai 2013, 16:52, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Sa 25. Mai 2013, 08:40

Hello,

posting reviews of our games (especially of ones that haven't launched yet) is of allowed. Discussions on this are also welcome. We also post reviews regularly on our Facebook-site, so if you're interested in finding out what other sites think about The Night of the Rabbit, be sure to have a look. :)

Kind regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

Vielleicht habe ich deinen Schlüssel gefunden, Schnutzipu...

elfwyn
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon elfwyn » Mo 27. Mai 2013, 14:39

Sorry to hear that some of the big german magazines (Gamestar,PCGames) did not write favourably about NotR.
The positive reviews however make me hopeful that they just overreacted a bit.
Since I pre-ordered the Game last year right after Connichi 2012, I will see for myself.

Because I was able to hear from your Devs about the game on the convention last year I am all the more saddened
that the game is not assumed to rival your previous Top titles story-wise.

I will continue to support your adventure games in the future and eagerly expect your next titles.

Yours

Elfwyn

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Mo 27. Mai 2013, 16:44

Hello elfwyn,

actually, we were quite puzzled about these reviews ourselves.
I already got to play the game as well and have to say: The riddles are challenging, but the overall appearance of the game really drives me to play on. Even though I got stuck several times, I still admired the beatuful scenery, the exceptionally good soundtracks and was always on the hunt for the many Achievements in-game :)
Plus, some of these review criticize the humor of NotR, which I cannot understand. Of course the humor is entirely different from Deponia: Poki wasn't the head of this game, it was Matt Kempke.

I think the best would be to judge for yourself, but if I had to compare it to another Daedalic game I'd say The Whispered World ist the closest in terms of style and quests.

Regards,
Galdring
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

PadanFain
Erzeuger(in) des Ohrenschmalzes

Beitragvon PadanFain » Mo 3. Jun 2013, 16:04

Hey,

I'm a BIG, big Daedalic fan. My previous posts attest to that :) But after playing the game, without reading any reviews, I must say I did not find the Rabbit as emotionally involving or interesting story-wise as the other Daedalic game. There was much too exposition of the story, and too much puzzles. Too much. Usually, when I finish a particularly clever puzzle, I expect a chunk of a story for my troubles. Here, I just get another puzzle :(
It's not a bad game, but not great either.

Lagomorphia
Fahrer(in) des Doktors

Beitragvon Lagomorphia » Mo 3. Jun 2013, 18:10

Well to throw my own 2¢ in, I had a most enchanting time with this game. I agree that some of the puzzles were real brain busters and seemed a tad illogical at times, but I found the majority of them of a difficulty that made them both challenging and satisfying to overcome. The art was absolutely outstanding, as was the soundtrack. The characters were memorable enough considering you keep running into them and (most of) their voices were pleasant enough to listen to.

I personally fell in love with the Marquis. What an absolutely fun and enigmatic character to see animated. It was a real joy to follow in his footsteps during the game. The ending left me in a strange melancholic state, about the fact that it was over and because of something that can't be spoiled. Games rarely make me feel that way anymore and I welcome it. I had a great time and will definitely be replaying it again in the near future. I still have some dew drops to hunt!

Daedalic delivered to me another excellent game that is possibly my favorite of the bunch.

MuendigerNutzer
Tüftler(in) des Schwimmenden Schwarzmarkts

Beitragvon MuendigerNutzer » Mo 3. Jun 2013, 18:12

Galdring hat geschrieben:and was always on the hunt for the many Achievements in-game :)

Achievements ? This isnt a Shooter ;) .

Galdring
Forenmoderator

Beitragvon Galdring » Di 4. Jun 2013, 09:26

It isn't, but Achievements are a commonplace for most games nowadays: You get them in strategy games, shooters, RPGs and mostly everything else... ;)

I encountered them first in Warhammer Online, so they don't really have a Shooter-background for me... Plus: Night of the Rabbit doesn't give any for killing the inhabitants of Mousewood :lol:
Community Moderator
Daedalic Entertainment

bishoplogan
Clown(in) der Traurigkeit

Beitragvon bishoplogan » So 25. Aug 2013, 23:53

Zurück zu „Allgemein / General“